Make a plan for 2017! I picked this topic to write about because I had a terrible 2016! I mean, it was a roller-coaster year. My daughter was diagnosed with Autism, and I spent countless hours at her school advocating for her while we waited for assistive services. My father had pneumonia last April (and after further testing was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer). He passed away this September.
The company that my husband contracts with lost some of their large contracts, and so work became sort of scarce for him. (He owns his own big rig). Finances were very tight for most of the year, and we spent most of our savings to stay afloat. We couldn’t afford a vacation or any day trips over the summer with our kids, and on top of that, I nearly died myself in July from a severe case of acute hepatitis (cause unknown) and I still have some issues with my liver. I’m so extremely careful now about what I put onto and into my body!
I almost have to have a chuckle now because it was like we had everything under the sun thrown at us. Like, everything! The good news is, we’re still going strong. Our marriage is intact and our family has grown closer. We took a few hits but things have leveled out for the most part and we’re doing much better 🙂
Yes, I am done with 2016, and I have never been so excited or looked so forward to a new year!!
Mapping out the year, MAKE A PLAN:
So, what am I going to do? Make a plan of course, and you can too if you like. I will take you through my planning process because I fully intend to have a wonderful, exceptional, kick-ass 2017.
The main things that I want to focus on this year are:
- My family. I want to spend more time connecting with my kids and my husband, and this will be a part of my plan.
- Fun – scheduled and summer activities and time spent with friends
- My blog. I intend to post 4 blogs and 3 reviews per month for you to enjoy J
- My marriage – I think we’re due for some counselling after our struggle this past year and also due for some sizzling hot date nights.
- My health. I will be working out 3 x week and intend to do 2 5-day juice fasts by the end of February. Check back over the next month or so, I will be posting about the benefits of these, my experience and how to do them.
- Our Finances. We pretty much used up our savings to get through the year. It’s time now to start banking and saving so that we can have a good summer as well as replenish our nest-egg and plan for home repairs and upgrades.
- Personal Growth. I think it’s very important to always have an open mind to self-improvement.
- Break larger goals down into steps that you can take daily to attain them. For instance, I want to lose 15 lbs. What am I going to commit to doing on a daily/weekly basis to achieve this goal?
- Set goals that are realistic. My plan for this coming summer is a camping trip/or cabin rental and 4-5 day trips. More visits to our local beach. Attend festivals etc. It would be unrealistic to attempt a large family trip this year as we will still be recovering from 2016.
- Look at all areas of your life. What areas do you need to work on the most? Concentrate on those. Don’t forget self-improvement! These sorts of activities give us a renewed sense of self-confidence and help us to grow as people.
- Plan to revisit your goal chart on a monthly basis. Celebrate areas of success, and work on any areas where you may have fallen off-track (we all do, best intentions and all). Work on this monthly throughout the year to monitor your progress. It’ll make you feel more in control of your life, and it just feels good, I promise!
Some Charting ideas to look at:
Please leave me a comment! I would love some accountability partners to work with, and I’d love to hear about your goals as well!
Much love and all the best for 2017!
Julie Black Xo